Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2 Days Until Christmas: Countdown of Good Reasons to be Sober Day 2

Day 2

Well, we're almost there, although I could probably write a good reason to be sober every day for the rest of my life.

2nd Good Reason to be Sober

A Life.....Forever

Being sober has saved it. It has made it into something I never ever found in all of my years searching for it in the bottom of another bottle.

Being sober gives you life. It gives you life where before you were just existing. It has given me something to claim, something to hold onto. Being sober is a huge part of my life, but after a while it just becomes part of it, not all of it. I never forget, however, that without being sober I would not have been brave enough, or fortunate enough to be doing all this living.


2 comments:

  1. Amy, I just read your story in Good Housekeeping and you are an inspiration. You are a true hero I. My eyes! Merry Christmas! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Amy, this Christmas Eve
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete