Friday, February 1, 2013
Ten Random Things
This morning my brain is like pea soup. I had a good idea for a post, but then I promptly forgot it. So I thought I'd share a few things about me. Since y'all know what I'm really in my head thinking about almost every day, you could know some other stuff too.
1. I spell "because" wrong every time I type it. "Becasue". Every time. There's probably some fancy computer solution for this, but now it's my own private joke with myself. Which I also almost always spell wrong. "Myslef".
2. I can't stand it when the pencil runs out of eraser and the metal part scrapes on the paper.
3. I love drinking water.
4. I dream of having my own cabin-y in the woods-y place one day. With a big kitchen, a garden, and a winding driveway.
5. I want to learn three things: how to knit/sew, how to play piano/guitar, and how to kayak/kayak. Maybe that's more like five or six things.
6. Zinnias are my favorite flower. Fresh flowers in the house are such a treat.
7. I hate it when I burn my tongue. I drink my coffee/tea lukewarm (even though I like it hot) becasue I don't want to burn my tongue. (See? I spelled becasue wrong. And again.)
8. My perfect day would be: getting up for coffee and writing. Some yoga. Breakfast. A long hike in the woods with my family and the dogs. Lunch. A nap. A long solo run. Reading in the hammock. Making something arty with the kiddos. Cooking dinner with family. Lolling around after bath time for stories on our big bed. I'm surprised by how simple that is.
9. I sing and dance a bit when I run. Mostly people look away. Sometimes I catch a smile. It's interesting how people are embarrassed that I'm having fun.
10. I'm not sure if y'all know it, but every person that reads this blog makes me feel so special. You care enough to read what I wrote? Wow!!! I have wanted to be a writer as long as I can remember. I love to look at my "Blogger Stats" and see that someone in Poland has read my blog? Holy shit! (Hello to you Poland!:)) This blog keeps me sane and sober. It is a bright spot at the beginning of every day. Sometimes I can't sleep past 3:30 AM becasue (see? so ridiculous) I have a blog idea or I want to read what everyone else is writing. I could not be more grateful for the time I invest writing and reading all of our words that help us keep on keepin' on. So thank you.