Friday, February 1, 2013

Ten Random Things



This morning my brain is like pea soup. I had a good idea for a post, but then I promptly forgot it. So I thought I'd share a few things about me. Since y'all know what I'm really in my head thinking about almost every day, you could know some other stuff too.

1. I spell "because" wrong every time I type it. "Becasue". Every time. There's probably some fancy computer solution for this, but now it's my own private joke with myself. Which I also almost always spell wrong. "Myslef".

2. I can't stand it when the pencil runs out of eraser and the metal part scrapes on the paper.

3. I love drinking water.

4. I dream of having my own cabin-y in the woods-y place one day. With a big kitchen, a garden, and a winding driveway.

5. I want to learn three things: how to knit/sew, how to play piano/guitar, and how to kayak/kayak. Maybe that's more like five or six things.

6. Zinnias are my favorite flower. Fresh flowers in the house are such a treat.

7. I hate it when I burn my tongue. I drink my coffee/tea lukewarm (even though I like it hot) becasue I don't want to burn my tongue. (See? I spelled becasue wrong. And again.)

8. My perfect day would be: getting up for coffee and writing. Some yoga. Breakfast. A long hike in the woods with my family and the dogs. Lunch. A nap. A long solo run. Reading in the hammock. Making something arty with the kiddos. Cooking dinner with family. Lolling around after bath time for stories on our big bed. I'm surprised by how simple that is.

9. I sing and dance a bit when I run. Mostly people look away. Sometimes I catch a smile. It's interesting how people are embarrassed that I'm having fun.

10. I'm not sure if y'all know it, but every person that reads this blog makes me feel so special. You care enough to read what I wrote? Wow!!! I have wanted to be a writer as long as I can remember. I love to look at my "Blogger Stats" and see that someone in Poland has read my blog? Holy shit! (Hello to you Poland!:)) This blog keeps me sane and sober. It is a bright spot at the beginning of every day. Sometimes I can't sleep past 3:30 AM becasue (see? so ridiculous) I have a blog idea or I want to read what everyone else is writing. I could not be more grateful for the time I invest writing and reading all of our words that help us keep on keepin' on. So thank you.


7 comments:

  1. happy random day to you. i also don't like to burn my mouth, but am not smart enough to wait for food to get lukewarm. it seems to be a lesson that i need to learn repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Amazing what deep things we find out about ourselves in so-called random thoughts. But as far as the eraser / metal thingy...oh yeah, I am with you on that one. (I chuck the pencil at that point)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love random things about people! Somewhere in my archives is one that I did - I'll have to dig it out and see if anything has changed.

    I love fresh flowers in the house. I buy them at the grocery store (mostly roses) and have them all the time.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! Love that you're writing so freely about a variety of things. You're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knit, but don't sew. They are 2 very different things.

    What a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately I have been struggling with a thought that maybe, MAYBE I may have a problem with alcohol. I am 30 yrs old and started to binge drink when my husband was out of town or worked late. Then it expanded into a glass of wine every day after work to destress. Then it became more than a glass of wine. And now it is either 4 glasses or none. I am not ready to call myself an alcoholic but have been doing some research and even attempted Bell's 100 day challenge (made it about half way through). Then I came across your blog and have been reading it relentlessly (it made me pour out my 4th glass of wine last night as I was reading). It made me feel like I could relate and maybe finally give me an answer about what's happening to me. Even though I am pretty private I was toying with an idea of writing something here, and then I saw this post where you mention people from Poland reading your blog and generally how happy it made you feel when people write. It was like heavens opened up for a second as I am from Poland and it felt like I could relate even more. Anyway, I know this sounds crazy and is probably no sign of anything but I thought this was something and I should reach out for better or for worse. Not sure what else to do. I feel pretty lost and scared right now. Love your story!

    ReplyDelete