Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Sober Friend: Update




A few weeks back I sent it out there: a prayer, a wish, a little note to the world.

"I wish I had a sober friend."

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I have a friend of a dear friend on Facebook. Amy and I became friends since we had Beth as a mutual friend, and Beth said something to the effect of "Y'all should be friends, you're so much alike!" And so this other Amy and I have been Facebook friends for months. We live about an hour away from each other. We are both Amy's, we both like birds, and plants, and yoga. We both have 2 children, we were both born in April. We both love Anne Lamott. We have the same political and religious leanings. 

Suddenly, out of the blue today while I was searching for cranberry sauce at work this woman I've never seen before says, "Amy!" I look at her, puzzled. She says, "It's me! Amy!" We hug, grin, and finally meet in person. Awesome!!!!

But that is NOT EVEN THE HOLY SHIT PART.

She goes to get a bite to eat, and I go back to work. She comes over to where I am to say bye and we start talking about when we can get together. We talk about my house, or a park, kids or no kids. She says, "We could get dinner! But, I mean it doesn't have to be a bar." 

Are you ready?

I say, "Oh, that's fine. I don't drink anyway."

She looks at me wide eyed. "OH! I'M SOBER TOO!!!!!!" 

Me to universe: "I wish I had a sober friend who was a lot like me"

Universe to me: "Amy? Meet Amy." 

WOW! WOWIE WOWIE WOW! :)


4 comments: