Sunday, January 6, 2013

HIGH FIVE! Sunday 1.06.13




Bonjour! Here's where you can comment about something or things that were high five-able about your week. It/they can be big or small or even medium. And you can include your days/weeks/months/years sober too. Or sober intentions. And I will shower you with friendly words of encouragement.

Y'all, I organized a closet and some kitchen cabinets this week. I can see all the spices. The vacuum is now in a closet and not hanging out by the dresser at the end of the bed. This will sound like a cliché but here it goes anyway: I'm getting my life together.

Sometimes it's about The BIG Stuff: I quit drinking. Then it becomes more about the small stuff: I cleaned a closet.

But really, it's about this one thing: I'm tending to my life. High five.


6 comments:

  1. high five indeed! i think the best part of my week this week was perfecting my carrot cake recipe ... and my long run (60 mins). both happened today. for the end of vacation, it doesn't suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrot cake!!! LOVE IT!!! 60 minute run? CLAPPING!!! CHEERING!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

    High five carrot-cake-perfecting-far-running-amazing-woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High five to you! You are so right, take care of the BIG stuff first, the little stuff kind of comes along on it's own but can still be so satisfying. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    I've just read your blog from the start -- it's a wonderful, honest, inspiring read. Thank YOU. I've been leaning on these sober blogs to get me through quitting boozing, and I'm thrilled, stunned, and super high-fiving myself for making it to 72 days today. Looking forward to more of your posts.
    Sue from Wellington NZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue! I am high fiving you for 72 days too! I'm proud of you for being brave!!!

      Thanks for reading and saying nice things. :)

      Delete